PDA

View Full Version : Want at least a 5MP compact camera...

sammyman
07-09-2004, 01:16 AM
I am stuck. The Cannon S500 looks good, and so does the SONY DSC-T1. Which one is better picture quality and less red-eye?

Nick
07-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I have to say that the S500 gives sharper, better image quality. Also, the T1 lacks a optical viewfinder of any kind, which is a big no-no for me. Also if you invest in Memory-Stick duo, you're stuck with it unless you buy another Sony and adapter so that you can use the Duo in a camera that uses regular memory sticks whatnot so on :)

Bane
07-09-2004, 10:04 AM
I have temporarily Canon S410 and S500 for testing, but generally all of Canon's little cameras unfortunately have trouble with red eye. Red eye reduction works very fine if you so close to objects (less then 7-8 feet), but above that results are problematic. Outdoors results are much much better, photo quality is really good for one pocket camera. My friend returns from summer holiday, you know, beach, pools, palms, lot of green and blue colors, and pictures are absolutley amazimg (Canon S400). Bold colors on Canon helps to outdoors photos looks really great. Noise level is very low too, thanks to big (for one pocket camera) 1/1.8 CCD.