PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for repairs

nomac
07-30-2005, 06:37 PM
i am an aussie living in new york and recently had my lcd need repairing. i was unsure of how to have it fixed at a reasonable price and quickly. I sent it to Tim Cason,CasioRepairs.com and it came back better than ever. no shady deals - all very professional - for what it is worth to other casio owners.

jumpster
08-04-2005, 10:24 AM
My family purchased an Exilim Z750 and within two weeks it was accidentally dropped, in its case, and the LCD screen cracked. Not Casio direct or our local camera store was able to provide a reasonable timeframe or price for the repair. We sent it to Tim at casiorepairs.com, he was responsive, reasonable and honest. Would highly recommend him.

beerfish
09-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi. My dad spilled beer on his camera, and the lens stopped working. I found the link to CasioRepairs.com on this forum. I sent Tim the camera he gave us an honest estimate, his repairs were speedy, and the camera is good as new. Thanks Tim!

Aaron

trikster2
09-03-2005, 02:59 PM
wow

3 "first posts" in a row.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

skier23
09-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Has anyone else had a casio camera repaired by casiorepairs.com? I am considering it and would like to know if anyone has had a bad experience.

dr_ahcir
09-19-2005, 02:56 AM
haha,

I like it how they all have only posted one post EVER!

merz4
10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Well, I know some people have been skeptical, and I just wanted to post about my experience with Casiorepairs.com. Yes, I am a first time poster. I have had absolutely nothing to post about prior to this. I used dcresource to help find a camera, and got it for Christmas. Then I banged it last month and broke the LCD and viewfinder. I checked at the local camera shop in St. Louis (Creve Couer Camera) and they estimated it to be $250 to repair. I shopped for cameras for around $200 and couldn't find anything even close to what I had with my Casio Exilim Pro (P-600). I decided to look around this site for advice and found the reviews on casiorepairs. I asked for an estimate and got a prompt reply and quote of $188, including shipping. This was going to save me over $60. I decided to go ahead and try it. I got it in the mail, which insured ended up costing almost $10 more, so total is now almost $200. Of course, I would have had to pay tax on the repair in Missouri, so it would be close to even between shipping and taxes.

I got it in the mail and immediately wished I wouldn't have risked it and just taken it to the camera store and paid more. After reading someone who was skeptical about first time posters, I was sure I was about to be ripped off. But luckily I didn't because my camera was back about 10 days later completely repaired and working great! I did let Tim know when I was shipping so he could order the part in advance, which helped with the turnaround time. He was also good at keeping me posted as to when he received it, when it shipped, etc.

So like I said, although this is my first post, I thought I would reassure for whatever it is worth that this business is not only legit, but may save you some money, too (oh, and Casio was going to charge me over $300 for the repair.) You don't need to be worried because people have only posted once. Which also makes me wonder - what would it matter if someone had posted multiple times? Do people who post multiple times always tell the truth and people who only post once lie? I don't follow that reasoning...

Anyway, I recommend this website. Also, I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any recommendations for some sort of LCD protection device. I have never heard of anything like this, but if you know about it, it may save me another $200 somewhere down the road.

LRP
11-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Wow! I never thought I would have some many issues with my Casio Exilim...all user error, of course ;)
My first camera was dropped in a pool of water (from what I was told) and I had to purchase another one. My second camera, 3 months later, jammed after falling on the floor. The lens was shot! I searched online and found Master Tim @ casiorepairs.com . He was quick to respond and once he received both cameras he utilized the first cameras lens for the damaged #2! I did not have to pay the total amount he initially quoted. He sent the camera back and, no kidding, I was using the camera and the lens jammed again. I emailed Tim and he said send it back because he guarantees all his work. I couldn't believe it! He said something else must have happened because it was a different issue. He worked his magic and all is well! :D
It is hard to find companies such as his and I really appreciate his thoroughness, correspondence and honesty. I love my camera that works! I didn't have to pay a ton of money either.
Thanks Tim! You're the best!

Balrog
11-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Interesting fact #1: there seem to be a lot of "only posts" by users on different photo / camera forums around the net recommending this "casiorepairs.com" website and specifically its owner, Tim Cason. These users seem to register for the sole purpose of promoting the casiorepairs website, often even when nobody's asked for recommendations.

Interesting fact #2: More than a few of these are by a user called "Skelly", or "Skelly C".

Interesting fact #3: If you browse the website some, and follow a link or two, you'll find that Tim's full name is apparently Tim Skelly Cason.

Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Enough, Tim. Stop with the self-promoting already.

Chris Esch
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
My casio qv-3000 camera had been broken for 4 years, and i was afreaid to even try to get casio to repair it because of how much it would cost. Then, while looking over the internet a few weeks ago, found tim at Casiorepairs.com . i sent him an email inquiring about how much he would charge to fix my camera, and he responded quickly saying it would cost me about 89 dollars. I was very excited and send him the camera (hey, what was i to lose it hadnt worked in 4 years!)about 3 days later i had a response email stating that it was repaired and that i need only to send him the money and he would send it back to me. now.. i was a little skeptical at first (i mean all the people that do scams over the internet and all), so i sent him another email asking if he could please send me a picture of the camera working (then i would know because the camera was completely dead when i sent it to him). the next day i recieved 2 things. One, a video clip of him turning the camera on, and then taking a picture with it, and two, he sent me the picture that he had made (which was of him videotaping it). I was very excited, sent him the money and waited. he needs to state on his website, but he DOES accept paypal. 3 days later my camera arrived good as new! (now, if only i hadnt of sold the 340 meg microdrive that came with it! ) i bought a used 512 meg compact flash from a friend and am now taking pictures again! Tim does very good work and i would HIGHLY reccoment him to anyone looking for a casio repair.

Memorex
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Interesting fact #2: More than a few of these are by a user called "Skelly", or "Skelly C".

Interesting fact #3: If you browse the website some, and follow a link or two, you'll find that Tim's full name is apparently Tim Skelly Cason.

Nice catch...

jnjbb
01-23-2006, 06:34 AM
I highly recommend Master Tim at Casiorepairs.com. I had great service at a reasonable price. The communications were great, and the service was fast. I liked knowing the cost of the repair before I shipped it out, unlike the Casio factory repair service. Tim was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would definitely use this service again. Thanks Tim!

Balrog
01-23-2006, 10:11 AM
here we go again ... :rolleyes:

bluecdb
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
I dropped my Casio Exilim on hardwood floors and got the dreaded "Lens Error" message. I went online just to learn more about this error message and discovered Tim Cason, CasioRepairs.com. I don't usually take chances with non-company-related website deals, but after reading his bio and seeing his experience, I decided to get an estimate...and ultimately sent it in.

I have it back now, and it is as good as new. Tim Cason is professional and extremely quick to respond to emails, and keeps you posted every step of the way, from the initial estimate (which he stuck to, and it was very reasonable), to when he receives your package and ships it back. Turnaround time was very fast as well. Overall, I am very impressed and the whole experience was a positive one. I'd recommend Tim Cason,CasioRepairs.com to anyone with a Casio problem. We need more honest, reliable, professional services out there like this. Pass it on!

-Carly D-B, satisfied customer
Philadelphia, PA

Memorex
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
ROFL.

This is really funny. All posted exactly this post and are never seen again :-)
Couldn't the admin just remove this posts?

frankw
01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I am sorry to pour cold water on Tim, but he royally screwed up my camera. Came back in worse shape than before he worked on it! Guess you get what you pay for. Doubt he could properly repair a pin-hole camera. :(

Memorex
01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
:rolleyes: hehe

MaStEr 0f IlLuSi0nS
02-03-2006, 07:24 AM
This is my first post :D
My girlfriend drop my camera exilim 600 :(
I need to repair it.
Does any one knows who can repair the casio cameras.
I need references.

I read a lot of praise for tim but they are only first time posters ::confused:

petroglyph
02-13-2006, 09:21 PM
My Casio EX-Z40 lens opened while in my pocket and I jammed the lens open. I quickly discovered www.casiorepairs.com and e-mailed Tim. He answered my e-mail questions promptly and gave me a quote that didn't scare me. I mailed him my camera and about a week later I received my camera back, working perfectly. I am very impressed with Tim's professionalism and promptness to repair. I highly recommend him for camera repair. Thanks Tim!

Gary C.
Las Vegas, NV

Brain123
02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Just want to put my 2 cents in here - I had a Casio EXZ55 with a bad LCD screen. Tim fixed it for $160 while Casio wanted over $100 more.
I live in the same city as Tim, so I dropped the camera off with him & got it back 3 days later - good as new.
He's the real deal. :)

Balrog
02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Argh...cut it out already, will you?

youngag
03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I too am a first time poster. Tim asked that feedback on his repairs be made to a real website, not feedback under his control. I found him through this website and I am grateful. I subscribe a number of forums, but my life is too busy to add this one. Sorry these posts bother some of the long-term members, but they do serve an important service!

My Casio EX-Z750 was dropped at Disneyworld and quit working. The lens was damaged. He fixed it and charged half of what Casio wanted. Great service too! :)

aworlow
03-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I did some searching on the web for repairs for my camera when the flash stopped working (qv-3000ex built in flash). I was unhappy with the generic response from Casio to send in my camera and wait for a repair estimate. I also found on the web that they will charge a flat fee of around 275 no matter what the problem is. I found a thread that mentioned Tim Cason and CasioRepairs.com and emailed him. For $88 my camera was fixed promptly with professional and personal communication through email about the status of my camera. I would definitely use his service anytime I need a camera repair!

aworlow

bogwater
03-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I recently had my Casio Exilim EX Z4U bite the concrete and suffer considerable damage. I checked around on the net and found good reviews for Tim Cason at casiorepairs. I sent a message to Tim and received a repair quote from his web site the next day. We conversed via e-mail quickly and I sent my damaged camera to him on March 13th to see what could be salvaged. I received my camera back on March 25th. It is in like new condition. He actually repaired my damaged optical lenz and dust covers as was originally planned and in addition repaired my dented camera case and included it within his original bid. I am a very satisfied customer and would gladly do business with Tim again. I think it is natural to be nervous about dealings across the net, but I would feel perfectly safe in recommending Tim. He gets a five star rating from me. Grant in Montana.

taxman
03-25-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm registering in order to post positive feedback for Tim Cason and Casiorepairs.com

I told him about my lens error on my Casio exilim, he gave me a prompt response with a price far cheaper than what the camera repair store was saying, and said he had the parts ready, so the turnaround time would be 1-2 days. Well, the service was exactly what he said, no hidden charges or anything.

Thanks Tim for repairing my camera so fast! And nice guitar rack!

smrlovin
04-28-2006, 07:27 AM
I am posting this to give kudos to Tim @ Casiorepairs.com. I dropped my Casion Exilim & broke the LCD screen. I needed it fixed in somewhat of a hurry. I did a quick search on the internet to see if there was a place to get it fixed. This is the second site I found. There were several people that posted compliments about Tim. I emailed him & received the information. I was a bit skeptical because of the negative things people were saying about "1st time posters" - thinking it was a scam. However, I sent it anyway because it was my best option. I just got the camera back & it works beautifully! And I was promised a 6 month warranty by Tim.

So, to Balrog, dr ahcir, trikster2, et al...
Yes, I too am a first time poster. I too registered strictly to give kudos to Tim for fixing my camera. I generally don't spend my time "blogging" on websites. I have better things to do than post 638 times. I used this website for quick information. I want to give Tim credit where credit is due. (And by the way... 2 of the 3 above who complain about 1st time posters have the number 2 by their name regarding the number of times they have posted... hmmmmm)

Anyway... casiorepairs.com - Tim... you're fantastic!

CptOfGondor
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I agree with the other dc forum members. The sudden swarm of first timers all advocating Tim's excellent repair service is kinda suspicious..lol.

Travis9000
04-28-2006, 06:38 PM
WOW! Tim sounds great!!!!!11!!!11!!! I guess people were so moved by his grrrrrrreat service that they all signed up at the same time on this forum to write similar sounding recommendations! Maybe all Tim's customers have similar writing styles! Woohoo!!

Okay, nobody is buying it. You can stop now.

kaalee
09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, I am another 1st time poster. No, I haven't had any service work done by Tim. However, I was doing some research into if it was feasible to have my daughters Exilim S70 repaired after a friend of hers dropped it on the lens or if she would be better off just buying another one for $200. When doing a search on Tim's website, all I was able to find was positive feedback. Yes, some of it was duplicate and maybe it is suspicious that there is so much posted on this particular forum in a short period of time, but I would think if what was being said (no matter who is saying it) wasn't true, then I would have come across some negative feedback in my search. It really doesn't matter to me if the posts are all made by him as long as the repair is done correctly and it is cost efficient to have the repair done rather than put out an additional $200 for a second camera.

I would also doubt that a guy would spend all of his time posting how wonderful the service was at his business unless there was a lot of negative publicity that he was trying to minimize. What purpose is there to wasting his time?

Give the guy a break!!!