PDA

View Full Version : Help with sharpning images with FZ20

rockie
07-28-2005, 05:40 AM
Fellow Panasonic Lovers,

I have had my FZ20 for a few months now, and still struggle with getting really sharp resolution, whether normal distance or macro. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve clarity?

Please be specific.

Thanks,

Rockie

jcon
07-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Rockie, Maybe you could post a picture or two with the EXIF so we could see exactly what your problem is. It may be something in the settings, it may be a focus issue, hard to say without seeing an example :)

genece
07-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I agree with you should post a photo with the exif included.
but to be sure your focusing on the correct object use spot focus, as the other options can pick the wrong spot to focus.

rockie
07-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion to use spot focus. I don't think I've been using that.

I'll take some shots post them w. exif as you suggest.

Rockie

cincyimages
07-29-2005, 11:44 AM
download Google Picasa for free and use that to sharpen. It has a real strong sharpen capability.

rockie
07-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll download that today.

In addition to taking some more photos to post with settings for feedback. It's great to be able to fix a photo, but even better to get it right the first time!

Rockie :rolleyes:

genece
07-30-2005, 07:48 AM
I agree with getting it right the first time...but there are very few photos on the web that have not had some PP done on them.

And there are very few professional Photographers that do not own the latest copy of Photoshop.

rockie
07-31-2005, 04:06 AM
Genece,

That makes me feel better. I downloaded Picasa and it's a great program with more power than what I've been using. The sharpening tool is excellent. I'm going out this a.m. and take some photos to post on the site.

Thanks,

Rockie :o

cincyimages
07-31-2005, 06:05 AM
I have been using Picasa more than Photoshop lately, isn't that amusing? The sharpen tool on Picasa beats Photoshop and the crop and straighten tools are far superior too. I love Photoshop but Picasa is impressive for just debuting.

Since most of my photos are of landscape and skylines I like the added sharpen capabilities without killing the photo, I then use Neat Image to clean the sky's up from the sharpen and IMO the combo works great.

rockie
07-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Picasa is great. I didn't get Photoshop because I thought I'd depend on it too much. I see that happening w. Picasa. What a versatile program.

OK, now I have to ask a dumb question: how do you resize photos on Picasa? It's probably something really simple, but I've searched and cannot find a function for that.

Can't post full-size photos on this forum.

Thanks,

Rockie
:rolleyes: