PDA

View Full Version : How about A&M Photo World?

GMNelson
07-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Has anyone purchased from this company?

My first call into them turned into a sales pitch for upgrades but they DO have pretty good prices...

Jake Conner
07-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Avoid like the plague. Part of the Broadway Photo empire, the biggest scam in the camera industry.

GMNelson
07-16-2004, 09:45 PM
I had called A&M to ask about a "deal" I saw on their website and the guy tried to upsell me on everything. I told him that I was going to look around and get back to them.

A few days later, I received an e-mail from them thanking me for my order and that I needed to call them so they could complete the transaction! I freaked! I never completed the order and was pretty upset that they would try this.

To their credit (I guess), they DID cancel the order without any hassle and never charged me for anything.

I asked them to remove me from all of their e-mail and marketing lists.

Thanks for the heads up!

alphadog531022
02-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I ordered a Cannon G6 over the web and only after I ordered did I get a call from one of thier reps stating that I should upgrade the battery since it was only a 20 minute battery. He also tried to upsell me a charger and a warranty.

This gent stated the the unit I was buying was coming from overseas and that it came with a 20 minute battery, no charger and No warranty at all not even the one year from Cannon.

Very inaccurate web site and very misleading.

gary_hendricks
02-17-2005, 06:39 AM
I ordered a Cannon G6 over the web and only after I ordered did I get a call from one of thier reps stating that I should upgrade the battery since it was only a 20 minute battery. He also tried to upsell me a charger and a warranty.

This gent stated the the unit I was buying was coming from overseas and that it came with a 20 minute battery, no charger and No warranty at all not even the one year from Cannon.

Very inaccurate web site and very misleading.

The upselling is done consistently which I find irritating.

poikkeus
02-23-2005, 07:54 PM
A&M are frequently very hard to contact, and may hold up your order to sell you items that should already be a part of your digicam package. Their prices, admittedly, seem pretty incredible, as is their selection. But if you do a quick google search on their name, you'll find a number of frustrated customers.

Pay a few bucks more, and stay with a more reliable vendor.

ktixx
02-23-2005, 10:58 PM
take a look at www.digital1234.com they have a strict return policy (only return if broken and for the same item) but overall their prices are good. I have ordered 3 things from them 1: canon 20d 2: CF Ultra II 1gb 3: RCA RD2780 I have never once recieved a call or any kind of upsell. Overall their prices are pretty competitive.
Ken

skagen
03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
A&M are frequently very hard to contact, and may hold up your order to sell you items that should already be a part of your digicam package. Their prices, admittedly, seem pretty incredible, as is their selection. But if you do a quick google search on their name, you'll find a number of frustrated customers.

Pay a few bucks more, and stay with a more reliable vendor.

Sure, they are incredible prices - because you'll NEVER get it at that price, unless you agree to buy a million overpriced acessories. Otherwise they send you used goods with missing parts.

Guys get some common sense and STOP patronizing these Brookyn shops. Even you see a Brooklyn address, dont waste our time postign questions. They are crooks. Thats why the "price" is so low.

Digideb
03-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure if you're lumping all New York camera dealers into the "bad apple pile" labeled as "Broadway Photo Empire", but I feel the need to put in a good word for B & H Photo in N.Y. :)
After researching cameras on this site, I checked out the resellers ratings & chose B & H. They weren't the cheapest, but they were rated highly & they are a long-established, reputable company.
I received my camera & the accessories I ordered completely without incident or hassles. No sales calls, only prompt email updates on my order status.
Their website was easy to use & unlike some highly-rated resellers, B&H listed the batteries & film card accessories that actually fit the new camera I was ordering. :rolleyes: I don't feel confident in a company's site when they're offering me AA batts. for a camera that uses Li ions & I have to go searching for the spare battery I need. :(