PDA

View Full Version : c720 freezes after/while taking photo- help!

reberay
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
I've had my c720 for about 2 years, and a few months ago it started having problems... sometimes (and recently, often) when I try to take a picture, instead of taking a picture the camera freezes and the red light on the back flashes for a long time. While this is happening it is totally unresponsive- I cannot turn the camera off or anything. It usually takes several minutes for it to recover. Taking the batteries out can force it to turn off and "reset" but obviously this isn't acceptable as a long-term solution! Any ideas?? I'm ready to sell it for parts on ebay... :confused:

smarty
12-21-2005, 06:54 AM
I Have The Same Camera And Sometimes Get The Same Problem.nothing Can Be Done About It But The New Problem I Have Is It Keeps Telling Me Card Error When There Is Nothing Wrong With The Card As It Works In Other Cameras

cwd
12-27-2005, 06:31 PM
smarty - card problems i had were from deleting pictures with a pc instead of with the camera. i had found a restore program for the media, online from another digital site(smformat.exe). if you can't find it - email me and i send it to you. only use your camera to delete pictures!

reberay - i emailed olympus with the same problem, mine won't reset at all now. they said i could get it fixed for 132.00 plus 8.95 shipping. i like the camera, but not sure i want to put 150 bucks in a 3yr old camera