View Full Version : Please help - is my LCD screen defective??

09-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi guys,

I am a first time digi cam owner and new to this forum ...

Just bought a A75 tonight and found that there are 2 brighter spots at the bottom of my LCD screen. They are about 1/2" apart and give out a glow. Is my LCD defective or you have that on yours too? Please let me know as I only get 14 days to exchange.

Gordon Freeman
09-17-2004, 06:35 AM
I have also a Canon A75, the LCD light is not regular, not perfect at the bottom

I think it's normal

09-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Those 2 bright spots that can be seen wen you look at the bottom of your screen are normal if you look directly in the screen you canīt see them, I still think that the sreen on the A75/85/95 is one of the best 1.8" screens in the market. Took a look the other day at an HP R506, the screen suxsss. Frame rate was at least half of my A75, take a look at: http://gallery.photographyreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=4116&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=524
and see what this baby can do , more examples in my gallery. ;)

09-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your reply.

The A75 takes amazing pictures and JBX, your picture "Night Reflex" looks really really nice. What resolution did you use?

It is interesting that the new 1.8" LCD has the 2 bright spots at the bottom but not on the screen of the A60, A70 and A80 as I have checked with my friends who have those models.

I also found that when I aim my A75 from dark to bright or vice versa, I can hear a click sound from my lens. I can also hear the same sound when I tilt/move my camera from taking picture horizontally to vertically. However, I can't hear this sound on my friends' A60, A70 or A80. It seems the aperture ring is loose or something. Is your A75 the same???

09-22-2004, 04:25 PM
As you may have already noted when changing from bright to darkest environments the lcd screen automaticly gains up, i dont think that the only thing changing is the screen, I think that in most modes (except in manual perhaps) itīs not only the screen that adapts to light but also all the light metering system of the A75, and there's your little noises. There is also another thing, when you take a shot in portrait (not in landscape) mode and then view it the A75 will rotate it automaticly, how does she do that? my opinion is that when you are framing the shot in portrait there must be a piece inside that moves with gravity so that the the A75 knows that you are taking the shot in portait mode , therefor if something inside moves with gravity then there must be some noise, correct?
Those are just my opinions (iīm new to the digital world), but yes i also have some noises when operating my A75.
By the way resolution in the night reflex shot was superfine and the largest mode available, thanks for your comments about the shot. :D