PDA

View Full Version : Is Fuji A330 right choice, or maybe not?

Bane
07-08-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm looking for camera for my sister, mother (and rest of the family :)). I have good price for A330 and i'm glad that Fuji finaly puts standard CCD into basic camera. When my friends ask me for recommendation, my theory is that 2mpx is quite good for printing photos without processing (and viewing on monitor or TV, of course). However, i like to prepare my pictures in photoshop before printing and i don't feel comfort with 2mpx. 3mpx is OK.
Photo quality on Fuji A330 is good, and for the price it's great, indeed. My favorite, after all is Pentax 30, but it's impossible to find them here. I actually didn't have contact with A330 and is it there some kind of problems that i should to know?
Some alternatives are Canon A60, Nikon 2200, etc, but photo quality on A330 is much better for me.
Please share with me your expirince about Fuji A330 and give me some suggestion about cameras from this class...

waldenrocks
09-03-2004, 04:42 PM
I have this camera and had the worst experiences with it. It uses very high battery. As it uses only 2 batteries, the batteries get dried soon just for taking 5-10 pictures using the lcd display. The lens often stops going back or coming out when you switch it off or on. Even The pictures are not that good. You can get a very good camera for that price. I don't recommend buying it. The camera got a lot of repairs after just 2 months and taking minimum photos. I have to throw the camera after a bitter experience with the customer service. You can decide whether to buy it or not. But thats my experience.

David Metsky
09-03-2004, 08:36 PM
It uses very high battery. As it uses only 2 batteries, the batteries get dried soon just for taking 5-10 pictures using the lcd display.
I can't comment on any of the other things, but this is because of using alkalyne batteries when you should be using AA NiMH rechargeables. All digital cameras that have AA batteries need NiMH rechargables. Non-rechargables will last a very short time in any digital camera, it has nothing to do with this particular model.

Make sure you factor in the cost of rechargables into the price of the camera. There's no point buying a AA digital camera without them.

-dave-