PDA

View Full Version : accessory for DX6490

Tellas030
07-20-2005, 10:56 PM
I attached the Kodak lens adaptor on my DX6490.

It affects the accuracy of exposure very much. The picture becomes seriously under exposure. The situation is worst by taking picture with flash,

Why ?

Does Kodak design the accessory without considering the compatibiltiy ?

Other than that, I like my DX6490.

:mad:

dmjohn29
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Are you using the genuine Kodak 55mm adapter? I haven't noticed any exposure difference with the kodak adapter and my 6490 when shooting in existing light.

The adapter does partially block the flash resulting in darker flash pics. I use an external flash, which not only solves that problem but it's more powerful, and the head moves allowing me to bounce the flash. The flash is a Vivitar 283 mounted on an L bracket.

Dave

Tellas030
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Yes, I'm using the genuine Kodak lens adaptor.
Thx for yr advice by using the external flash to get better exposure. Wl try. :D

kentcr
07-23-2005, 04:53 AM
I have a Z7590 and I experience the same problem. See my thread on Z7590 and Filter adaptor. I find that in situations with lots of light like out doors I do not see thsi problem but even with a flash indoors I get seriously underexposed pictures. I am thinking about contacting Kodak to see what they have to say about this.

Craig

Tellas030
07-25-2005, 10:48 AM
I did send a request to Kodak for help. However, their response was very disappointing and just suggest to increase the EV. It didn't help the situation at all.
Anyway, I still feel that it's P.A.S. to hv the lens adaptor for low light situation. I probably will sell me adaptor and filter on E-bay... :mad:

Cold Snail
07-25-2005, 02:33 PM
The adapter was an afterthought from the DX6490 days.
We all asked for one, and they did supply one, but the flash isn't high enough to clear the adapter.

One of the great things about the DX6490/DX7590/Z7590 is the ability to use an external flashgun with up to 500V trigger voltages. Most other cameras have a conservative 5v limit, this is good news for you Kodak owners as Ebay is full of old, powerful flashguns, that no-one else can use.
This means there is next to no bids on these guns, my last one cost 1 plus postage.

Just get one with a pc cord and a bracket to hold it and you will see the difference a decent flash makes.