PDA

View Full Version : Need info on sports mode of Olympus c 770

ken212
07-18-2005, 06:54 PM
I have an Olympus C 770. One of the shooting modes is the "sports mode". I heard someone say that the sport mode is only good for outdoor sports and that it is no good for indoor sports like basketball. Does anyone know if this is true?

Jim2386
07-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Yes, this is true. Sports mode sets up a high shutter speed to STOP the action and keep the object in action from blurring from the speed. I take indoor sports shots and it's nearly impossible. You need a camera with a low Fstop or one that can have an iso of about 800 or higher without getting noise. However, I have had some indoor success by setting the shutter speed for around 1/125, and putting the aperature as close to 2.8 as I can get. This will usually give you a dark picture, but then I go into photoshop and brighten it back up. The colors aren't as bright, but half the time you get a non blurry shot that you can use. Pro photographers are hooked up to flashes that are in the roof of the stadium so the whole field, rink, court lights up when they shoot. Usually point and shoot people don't have that luxury. I hope this helps. If not, let me know, I mostly shoot indoor/outdoor sports so I should be able to help!

-Jim