PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a slave flash

ken212
07-17-2005, 04:37 PM
I bought a Phoenix slave flash for my Olympus c 770 digital camera. Unfortunately it does not do hardly anything it claims it would. I was told I could use it on my hot shoe, but due to it's size if I put it on my hotshoe than I can not get my camera's pop up flash to pop up. I was also told it would work with the red eye reduction, but not matter what I do it will not flash at the correct time. It always flashes with the pre flash, which does no good. But since the company will not take it back I am stuck with it.
So now here is my question. It comes with a flash bracket and when you use that the flash is to the side of the camera. Isn't the best position for the slave flash to be above the camera and the built in flash? Since I am stuck with it I may as well make the best of it. So if it does need to be higher than the camera and the built in flash I will get a different bracket. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Tellas030
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
There is no way to correct it. Some of the slave flash has the ability not reacting to pre-flash.

Don't think the position of the slave flash is a concern for it's light sensitivity. I tried my in different position and it works fine...

propwash
07-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Actually, if you have the slave falsh off to the side of the camera, it should help with redeye. The farther the flash is from the camera's lens, the more red-eye should be reduced.

I realize this doesn't help with the other problem of firing with the pre-flash. Is there some way in the camera's menu that you can turn off the pre-flash? If you turn off the camera's redeye reduction flash, there might not be a pre-flash, unless your particular camera uses a pre-flash to set white balance or to help with low light focusing.

ken212
07-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the help and advice

Ken