PDA

View Full Version : ExpressCameras.com Anyone?

Javair
09-14-2004, 11:12 PM
This dot-com has a Canon G6 for much, much lower than anyone. Anyone dealt with them?

Thanks.

Rhys
09-15-2004, 05:33 AM
This dot-com has a Canon G6 for much, much lower than anyone. Anyone dealt with them?

Thanks.

Ok. I looked at the website. No company address listed on the front page - merely a non-geographic 1-800 number.

Checking the registration of the site produced this:

Server Used: [ whois.networksolutions.com ]

http://www.expresscameras.com/cart/info.asp = [ 199.231.133.175 ]
Registrant:
Save Here Distribution
ATTN: EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon VA. 20172-0447
Domain Name: EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM
Administrative Contact:
Save Here fq5395jh64r@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
ATTN: EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon VA 20172-0447
570-708-8780
Technical Contact:
Network Solutions LLC. customerservice@networksolutions.com
13200 Woodland Park Drive
Herndon VA 20171-3025
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620
Record expires on 01-Mar-2007.
Record created on 01-Mar-2000.
Database last updated on 15-Sep-2004 08: 30: 24 EDT.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.STOREFEEDS.COM 199.231.136.112
NS2.STOREFEEDS.COM 199.231.137.112
This listing is a Network Solutions Private Registration. Mail
correspondence to this address must be sent via USPS Express Mail(TM) or
USPS Certified Mail(R); all other mail will not be processed. Be sure to
include the registrants domain name in the address.

Now this looks seriously dodgy. Not only have we suspiciously low prices but we also have NO PHYSICAL ADDRESS.

I would be very surprised to find that anybody buying anything at such a store would ever receive their alleged bargains.

Javair
09-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks, Rhys.

They are listed on c/net in advertising that comes up when I do a search for the Canon G6. They are not listed in c/nets price check, but in the advertisers that pay to be shown before you get to the price check.

So, with your info, and the fact that they don't come up in the price check, I will not buy from them.

Thanks.

jthomason2
09-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Run away, very quickly. Do NOT buy from them. I made that mistake in purchasing a Canon G5 package from them.

The low price is for the camera body - doesn't include the rest of the stuff included in the box from Canon (battery, charger cable, computer cable, manual, etc.)

They sent (and charged me an additional $200 for) the "pro" version of wide angle and telephoto lenses, and upgraded my shipping from standard to second day air (and charged me an additional $100), both of which I had refused. (And I didn't just say "No." I said "No!" and then told them "No. I do not want the upgraded lenses. I do not want upgraded shipping if you are going to charge me for the upgraded shipping.) They also neglected to include the 512MB FlashCard which I had paid for.

Their "customer service" only works certain days and hours (i.e., when most people are at work.) After trying to get hold of customer service without success, I contacted my credit card company to dispute ExpressCamera's claim. Then I called ExpressCamera's sales line (gee, got through there with no trouble!) and told the salesman (i.e., started the conversation with "I've contacted my credit card company to dispute what you charged me for my purchase.") I got put through to "Customer Service" right away and started my conversation with them the same way. I was able to get back the overcharges, but will NEVER do business with them again.