PDA

View Full Version : Canon A75 overexposure : very bright pics

nachi
09-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi,
I recently purchased a canon A75 and everything was fine till I tried taking pics in broad daylight. All pics during the day (whether it is sunny or not) comes out very very bright (almost white). I tried a lot of things ..... put the exposure to -2, daylight mode, white balance, camera angle etc, but the problem persists. Does anyone know whats wrong here ? Am I missing something ? Please, any suggestion would be appreciated. Im in the middle of my travel, and I really want to take some nice pics :(

Ill check tonight how the pics come out at night.
Thank you very much in advance.
Nikita

D70FAN
09-14-2004, 02:23 PM
[IMG]
Hi,
I recently purchased a canon A75 and everything was fine till I tried taking pics in broad daylight. All pics during the day (whether it is sunny or not) comes out very very bright (almost white). I tried a lot of things ..... put the exposure to -2, daylight mode, white balance, camera angle etc, but the problem persists. Does anyone know whats wrong here ? Am I missing something ? Please, any suggestion would be appreciated. Im in the middle of my travel, and I really want to take some nice pics :(

Ill check tonight how the pics come out at night.
Thank you very much in advance.
Nikita

Make sure that you are using the selection indicator mark to the left of the mode wheel. Also make sure that you are in "auto" mode and not Aperture Priority (Av). If that's ok then try shooting in "P" program mode, or use the "scene" modes (see attached).

If that doesn't work then maybe the AE sensor isn't working correctly, and you should return the camera for a new one.

nachi
09-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Probably the camera is a lemon. Ive tried everything (P, Auto, SCN mode etc) but the pics in daylight are too bright !! Pics at night (and in indoor places where sunlight cant reach) are OKAY.

Also, when I shake the camera, something small seems to be moving inside .... like a small screw or some broken piece. I guess I need to exchange it for a new one.

thanks!!
-----------------